Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
SERVPRO of Winter Park is capable of handling water extraction jobs of all sizes for both residential and commercial customers. We have a fleet of vehicles with truck mounts that allow for carrying large amounts of water. Portable extraction wands are connected to the truck mounts via a long extension hose. Our technicians then proceed to extract the water from your property to the trucks where the water is stored until it can be dumped into a proper drainage system. We understand that even large extraction jobs must be conducted quickly to avoid further damage, which is why we make it a priority to mobilize quickly and get the job started right away!
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Winter Park can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.